- Filled in Application Form for attestation/certification;
- Prescribed Fees in an appropriate method of payment
- Notarization by a Notary Public;
- Authentication of commission of the Notary Public by the City/County Clerk;
Authentication of the City/County Clerk by the Office of the Secretary of the State in which the document has been notarized;
Authentication by the US Department of State (for details on the procedure for authentication, please visit the web site of the US Department of State. The Authentication Department of the US Department of State is located at 518 23rd Street NW, State Annex-1 Columbia Plaza, Washington DC 20520, Phone: 202-647-5002
- Authentication Officer, Department of State, New York Office is located at 123 William Street (19th Floor), NY-10038 (website: www.dos.state.ny.us, Tel: 212-417-5684).
After obtaining such authentication, the document may be submitted along with a photocopy and filled-in application form and prescribed fee. Such documents which have prior authentication of the US Department of State may be sent to the Consulate General by mail also. Please visit our Mail-in service for details.
Requirements for Attestation of US Death Certificate (Postal Service):
Original Death Certificateis required authentication step by step from the following offices and followed by the attestation from the Consulate General of Bangladesh in New York.
01. Step 1st Death Certificate must be notarized by a Notary Public
Step 2nd Authentication of Commission of the Notary Public by the City Clerk or County Clerk.
New York City Clerk is located at:
Court House, 60 Centre Street,
Room No.141 (Basement)
New York, NY 10017
Step 3rd Authentication of Commission of the City Clerk or County Clerk by the
1.Special Deputy Secretary of the State or,
2.Secretary of State:
Office of the Secretary of State is located:
Department of State,
123 Willium Street (2nd floor),
New York, NY 10038
Department of State,
Miscellaneous Record Unit
41st State Street, Albany, NY
02. A duly filled in prescribed application form for attestation.
03. Photocopy of any US Photo ID of the applicant.
04. Photocopy of Bangladesh Passport or, Dual National Certificates, or, Bangladesh National Identity Card of the deceased person.
05. A set of photocopies along with the original death Certificate
06. The following applicable fees through Money order/Bank Draft or Bank Certified Cheque:
Urgent fee USD 82.50: Same working day and must submit a Paid Trackable Return Envelope.
Regular fee USD 44.00: Next working day and must submit a Paid Trackable Return Envelope.